Phantom of The Opera Review

/
0 Comments

Grab your chips and drinks 'cause this is going to be a long post. Last weekend, we went to Manila to watch the Phantom of the Opera. Most of you might not appreciate the good ol' classics but as for me, I am in love with them. I've been nudging my dad to buy tickets for this since I am a HUGE fan of musicals. I was walking on air when my dad showed me the tickets for the musical. I couldn't take that smile off my face. As if it were glued or what. 

As we went nearer and nearer to the entrance, my feet went numb. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins. They didn't allow cameras inside. We used our mom's tablet to take some shots for blog purposes but the quality is a downer. 


You see? The lighting is horrible!

The cast's clothes

I wanted to grab Erik's (the Phantom's) cape so that I could sniff on it all day *sniff sniff... ahhhhh* . 

Now for the criticism part. The whole production was great! From the scale of one to ten I would say nine . The voice projection was amazing, the songs were lively, the casts were delightful (and hot) , the acting was superb, the orchestra was impressive, the stage was awful. Don't get me wrong! The stage was a bit perfect and all and it was filled with props but it's not like the Broadway type of stage. 

This is my mom's second time to watch Phantom of the Opera. She already watched it at Las Vegas before. She said that the stage was a bit different from that of Vegas. I enjoyed the whole thing anyway. I'm keeping my mouth shut. I am not going to spill anything about the musical. All I'm going to say is that the chandelier was beautiful, end of story. 

For those of you who are planning to watch it, do so. I assure you, you wouldn't regret it. It's a once in a lifetime experience. 

For those of you who are going to watch, you should end HERE. 


We purchased two fold-able binoculars, don't worry it's cheap. This helped us to get that clear view of the actors' faces. 



I'm planning to bring this at school so I could do some spying on some learners. 



This is what it looks like when used. If you would look closely at someone using the binoculars you would most likely see their blemishes and if you are lucky enough, you could also see their boogers! Yay!


The phantom of the Opera is my current obsession. I would usually doodle stuff like this...

The Opera house's stage and it's famous chandelier.


or this...

Erik

I also printed out some lyrics of the songs from the musical.


I memorized a few songs like the Masquerade part. I've also been watching the movie about twice this week. I would also listen to some of their songs while resting or studying. 


1. Gerard Butler ( Erik) is hot
2. the songs are catchy
3. the costumes are stunning
4. the plot is great
5.a new kind of romanticism

Ask me anything about the Phantom of the Opera and I guarantee you that I could answer each and everyone of them. Try me! I did some research, that's why I'm so upbeat. 


XO, Gerone


You may also like

No comments:

gerone. Powered by Blogger.