Thank you for the Music! ( Best of Broadway) - review

/
0 Comments
Ahhhhhh.... Sweet music. 

We just had this concert at school recently. It was a short one composed of excerpts from different musicals. I was sitting at the edge of my seat because I love Broadways (I mentioned that before right here). I sang along with most of the songs since I grew up watching those movies.

1.  Cassandra (or Exotica)  2. Demeter, Tumblerutus , Coricopat and Tantomile  3. So many to name  4. Grizabella  5. Victoria  6. Bombalurina   7. Mistoffelees & Tumblerutus  8. Victoria and Rumpleteazer  9. Munggojerrie & Rumpleteazer

Cats is a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I've been loving this musical since 2007 (3rd grade). I know all of the cats' names (ask me any name). I know the lyrics of all of their songs. I love how Year IV- MMA staged this musical. It was quite similar to the original. The choreography was awesome. Their costumes are fabulous and they really got the make-up right. 

1. Young Cosette  2.  Javert and the prisoners  3. Javert and Jean Valjean  4. Lovely Ladies!  5. Thenardier & his wife (IDK the name)  6. Fantine  7. Eponine  8. Marius (It's nang Nullie!) & Cosette   8. Fantine & young Cosette 


Year IV -SME staged Les Miserables. I love how their scenes were similar to the movie. I love their "Lovely Ladies" and thier "Master of the house".


Honestly, I've never heard of  "Rent" before. Year IV- MTE presented Rent. I wasn't really excited about it at first. I was blown away by their performance. I was surprised by their singing. Their voices were so amazing.


Their version of Sound of Music was ,um, cute. The kids were adorable.

I used to watch Annie over and over again when I was a little kid (trust me, I still am). Their performance was so colorful. I love their costumes and their dances were so synchronized. They  gave me the Last Song Syndrome. Thanks a lot, Annie!

Food, glorious, food! Hot sausage and mustard! Oliver made me starve.
Very good performance! Bravo.

 Go grease lightning! The teachers were great.

I am just so proud of our batch mates. They did well. I wish they were that cooperative during play. It's so unfair. Anyways, Kudos!

Sir Guinmapang and Miss Segobre singing? Such a shocker! The Hall was filled with howling students when "Genobre" sang "All I ask of you" from the famous musical The Phantom of the Opera which recently came here to the Philippines (here). Sir Guinmapang  played the role of Raoul while Miss Segobre played the role of Christine Daae (fumy 'cause her real name's Cristine). Their performance was a crowd favorite.

Encore! Encore! Encore!


XO, Gerone




You may also like

No comments:

gerone. Powered by Blogger.