Roma, Italia

/
0 Comments

A lot of people have been asking me this question "So...Where to next, Gerone?". I would ignore them and smile. I only told about 7 close friends of mine since I wanted it to be a secret. I just got home yesterday and I am still pretty tired but then one entry won't hurt anyways. 

Consider yourself lucky. Why? I'll be posting exclusive photos. I know, some of you might've seen some on Facebook but there's lot more than you think ( plus the full details ;) ).


Our first day in Rome was absolutely delightful. Everything was well, old but very beautiful. I love their architecture and their statues are very stunning. But then I have to be honest, I just hate the cobblestones (first picture). I mean, it looks nice but it makes your feet sore since it's uneven. 

We went to the Spanish steps which leads to the Trinità dei Monti church. When you reach the top, you'll have the most beautiful view of Rome (Well, not the whole place though).


The place is surrounded by churches and each has its own unique features. You would find various street artists just around the corner. This one was a bit different. 


She made a painting of the Roman Colosseum using only cardboard stencils and a whole lot of spray paint. I don't really know how to explain how she did it but it was a long process. She sells each for € 10. 


The famous sites were near to each other. We just had to walk a few blocks to reach the Pantheon.


We headed to the Fontana di Trevi. I chuckled a bit since I remembered this fountain from  The Lizzie McGuire Movie.

Not my Photo

Hahaha. Okay. 

Like in the movie, I threw a coin as well (facing the opposite direction). The fountain was huge and is said to be the biggest Baroque fountain in the city. 


We had our second day in San Giovanni Rotondo where The Santuario Padre Pio was located. Padre Pio was famous for his stigmatas. His hands would often bleed. He is known for his healing miracles as well. His life is very interesting. If you want to read about him, click here.

The Church was a bit modern compared to other churches found in the city. They had these nice lights hanging all over the place. There was also a huge pipe organ inside. 


A staircase leads you to a corridor with beautiful wall mosaics. I guess the mosaics were made by Filipinos (6th photo). I'm not sure though. The hallway leads to Padre Pio's tomb. I couldn't take a picture of it since I wasn't allowed to.


Above is Padre Pio's coffin. The other picture will show you what Padre Pio looks like. 


Ciao! 




You may also like

No comments:

gerone. Powered by Blogger.